Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Pandemic FAQ

[hypothetical] My office is open, but the schools are closed and I cannot find child care. May I receive evacuation payments so I may work at home while caring for my children?
When there is imminent danger to the lives of an employee’s dependents or immediate family, an agency may authorize evacuation payments and require employees to work from home during a pandemic health crisis. An employee who is ordered to work from home during a pandemic health crisis may not care for his or her children while performing work. However, the employee may request changes in his or her work schedule to allow the employee to work during the periods he or she is not responsible for caring for the child (e.g., when the child is sleeping or when a spouse or other family member is available to care for the child).
An employee may request annual leave or other paid time off, such as earned compensatory time off or earned credit hours to care for a healthy child.

Return to FAQ Home

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.