Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

My retirement coverage error was corrected before FERCCA became law. I had to pay for things that are now covered under FERCCA. Is there any way I can recover the money I paid?

FERCCA allows OPM to compensate individuals for certain expenses and losses related to correction of a retirement coverage error.

OPM will issue detailed guidance regarding the specific types of expenses and losses that will be compensated. You will receive our guidance as soon as it is available if you are registered on the FERCCA File Database.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.