Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

Once my divorce is final, am I eligible for the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) coverage under my former spouse’s insurance plan? Who must I notify to remove me from the policy?

You will be covered under your former spouse’s Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) plan for 30 days after the divorce date. After 30 days, you must enroll in the Temporary Continuation of Coverage (TCC) or Spouse Equity if eligible. You must notify the insurance carrier to remove you from the policy. For more information visit Temporary Continuation of Coverage (TCC) or Spousal Equity provision.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.