Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

My father retired under CSRS in September 30, 1990 and was allowed the "alternative annuity option". Does this option still exist? I am a CSRS employee with currently 32 plus years and was hired in 1982 and still belong to CSRS. I would like to know if this option exists no matter what agency I work for. Can you provide me specifics where I can locate information about this?

You can elect an alternative annuity if you retire on a nondisability annuity and have a life-threatening aflliction or other critical medical condition.  If you are married, your spouse must consent to your election.  Information can be found on this form.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.