Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

I got a refund of the retirement deductions that were withheld from my pay. Will I still get retirement credit for that time?

That depends on when you worked and whether you are covered by the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) or the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS).

Make a selection from the list of circumstances below which best describes your situation and ask your local personnel service center for assistance because they have your employment records.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.