Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

I just got a divorce, and the settlement agreement says that I will get a portion of my former spouse’s retirement annuity when he/she retires. How do I apply for my portion of my former spouse’s retirement annuity? Should I apply now or wait?

You will need to send all certified court orders and referenced documents to the Court Ordered Benefits Branch, PO Box 17, Washington, DC 20044. You should apply now to prevent any delays at the time of retirement.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.