Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

How to find my SF-50 for former federal employees

If you recently left your federal job, contact your former agency personnel office. If it’s been more than 30 days since you left, you need to contact the Federal Records Center, The FRC is the depository for official personnel folders of former federal service employees.

Send your request to:

National Archives and Records Administration
Civilian Personnel Records
1411 Boulder Boulevard
Valmeyer, IL 62295
(314) 801-9250

Include the following in your request:

  • Full name (the one you used during your federal employment)
  • Social security number
  • Date of birth
  • A list of all federal agencies where you an employee, with addresses, and dates of your employment (to the extent known)

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.