Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

What options do I have if I do not have (have lost) FEHB coverage?

Upon separating from Federal employment and losing FEHB coverage, you have several options. You may:

* Note: Under provisions of the ACA effective January 2014, you must have minimum essential health coverage or you may have to make a payment when filing your Federal income tax return. For more information, please visit

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.