Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

My husband is retiring next year. Can I enroll in FSAFEDS in my name during Open Season this year?

Yes, you can enroll in FSAFEDS in your name if you are a Federal employee and your agency participates in FSAFEDS.  Even though your husband is retiring, you can enroll in FSAFEDS and it will cover eligible expenses incurred by both you and your spouse.  However, as a Federal retiree, your husbandwill not be able to enroll in FSAFEDS in his own right.  Annuities are not considered income so IRS law makes annuitants ineligible for FSAFEDS.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.