Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

How does a Member of Congress or designated congressional staff, report a Qualifying Life Event (QLE)?

You can report a QLE to DC Health Link in two ways:

Option 1:  Login to your account on and click on “Update My Information” link.  You will be able to select the QLE reason and what type of action you want to take (e.g. add a new dependent).  You can also update your address. 

Option 2:  Contact DC Health Link by phone (855-532-5465) or email (  Please include the following information:

  1. Your name, date of birth, and Social Security Number;
  2. Employer name (i.e., Senate or House);
  3. QLE (e.g., marriage);
  4. Date of change (e.g., date of marriage);
  5. What you want to do (e.g. enroll in coverage, drop your coverage, add/remove a family member); and
  6. If adding/removing a family member, include the family member’s name, gender, relationship (i.e., child or spouse), date of birth, and social security number (if not a newborn).

After you report the QLE, you will be notified within 3 business days to complete a new plan enrollment.  


IMPORTANT: Whichever method you choose to report a QLE (other than an address update), you MUST complete a new plan enrollment for your QLE change to take effect.  For example, if you want to add a new dependent to your current plan, you must complete plan shopping and select your current health plan.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.