Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

When I leave the FEHB Program, I understand I will receive a certification of my group coverage that I can use to get new coverage with my private industry employer. Will my agency or my plan certify my insurance coverage?

We require FEHB carriers to issue certifications of prior coverage to enrollees. They issue certifications automatically whenever coverage terminates, whether it is termination of regular coverage, TCC coverage, or Spouse Equity coverage. If the plan does not certify your coverage, you should write to them and ask them to send you certification of coverage.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.