Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

I no longer work for the Government, but I was in the wrong retirement plan during my employment. What do I do now?

If you are separated from the Federal Government and you believe you are eligible under FERCCA, you should contact your former Federal agency's Human Resources Office. OPM works with representatives from your former agency to provide guidance in determining an employee's eligibility for relief under FERCCA. You will be asked some preliminary information to assess your potential eligibility, however, a final determination can not be made until your Official Personnel Folder (OPF) is reviewed. You will be notified of your eligibility in writing.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.