Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

I know that the FERCCA legislation applies to active employees, retirees, and survivors, but what about separated employees?

It does not matter if you no longer work for the Federal Government because FERCCA also applies to separated employees. As long as your retirement coverage error was in effect for more than 3 years of service after December 31, 1986, then you may benefit from FERCCA. Contact your former Federal agency's Human Resources Office to request a review of your eligibility under FERCCA.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.