Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

Can I convert FEGLI Option C when I no longer have any eligible family members?

No. You cannot convert Option C life insurance when family members lose eligibility.

You can convert Option C only when you separate from service. If you do not want to convert the coverage when you separate, your family members covered under Option C are eligible to convert their coverage to an individual policy. Eligible family members can also convert their coverage upon your death. They can ask your human resources office for a Notice of Conversion Privilege (SF 2819).

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.