Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Veterans

What documentation do I need to be appointed under the 30% or more disabled veteran authority?

You must provide acceptable documentation of your preference or appointment eligibility. The member 4 copy of your DD 214, "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty," is preferable along with supporting documentation showing a service-connected disability rating of 30% or more.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.