Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

There is a valid court order about my FEGLI life insurance on file with my agency. Can I submit a Designation of Beneficiary to override the court order?

No. You cannot submit a new Designation of Beneficiary to void the court order. If there is a valid court order on file, you may not change or submit a designation of beneficiary unless the person(s) named in the decree, order, or agreement agrees in writing or unless the decree, order or agreement is modified.

For more information, see the FEGLI Handbook.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.