Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Benefits for LGBT Federal Employees and Annuitants

How do we update our designated beneficiaries on file for death benefits, survivor benefit and retirement?

If you are a Federal employee, check with your agency’s HR office to obtain the forms to update your designation of beneficiary for CSRS or FERS retirement, Federal Employee Group Life Insurance (FEGLI), and Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) (if you are a FERS employee).

If you are a Federal retiree, contact OPM Retirement Services.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.