Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

I lost my special annuity supplement in a previous year. I have not worked during 2018. How can I get my special annuity supplement reinstated? I would like to get it back beginning in January 2019, its that possible?

If the FERS Supplement was previously terminated due to excess wages in 2017, then the retiree would need to wait to have their 2018 tax return and associated W2s. If they filed a joint tax return, then we would need to have the spouse’s W2s as well to cross confirm the reported comingled wage amount on the tax return. Once the annuitant has submitted a copy of their 2018 tax return and associated W2s, then we will review to determine if their reported wages decreased enough from the prior to deem them eligible for a FERS Supplement. If they are found eligible, then their FERS Supplement will be reinstated as of the effective month of Jan 2019.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.