Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

What deductions can potentially be withheld from my retirement annuity?

Federal taxes, spouse equity, and survivor costs (if the court order stipulates you must pay) will be withheld from your apportionment when the payment is set up. However, you must specify the dollar amount of State tax you want withheld from your apportionment by contacting the Court Order Benefits office or by using the Services Online tool to start, change or stop your Federal and State tax withholdings.

To establish/change withholdings and allotments, visit Services Online or call the Retirement Information Office at 1-888-767-6738.

For more information visit the Federal and State Tax and Annuity Payments webpages.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.