Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Pay & Leave

If Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) and Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) retirements are not withheld from reservist differential payments, how will the military deposit be computed? Does the reservist differential impact the computation?

The reservist differential has no effect on the computation of the military deposit. Military deposit calculations will be determined using military deposit rules prescribed by law. Upon return to civilian service following military duty, employees should apply to make a military service credit deposit through their human resources/benefits office using the designated deposit form (Standard Form 2803 (SF) for CSRS and SF 3108 for FERS). See forms at To avoid interest accrual, military service credit deposits should be completed as soon as possible. NOTE: Special deposit rules are applicable to employees absent under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994 (USERRA). Employees should ask their human resources office to help determine if their absences were under USERRA and to help estimate their military deposits.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.