Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Employment

Where do I obtain an assessment of my reasonable accommodation needs?

Your supervisor (or selecting official, if you are in the process of being hired) will normally arrange for an assessment of your request for reasonable accommodation. An assessment includes a review of the job duties, how job duties are normally accomplished, the work environment and the specific nature of your disability. The purpose of an assessment is to determine what accommodations would allow you to perform the essential job functions successfully. For those Federal agencies without "in-house" capability, employers can obtain an assessment of the need for reasonable accommodation from several sources. Some are:

State vocational rehabilitation agencies,

the Computer/Electronic Accommodations Program (CAP) at the Department of Defense,

the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Service at the Department of Veterans Affairs (for veterans) or

the Job Accommodation Network (JAN).

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.