Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Personnel Documentation

What should I do if my records are wrong?

If you disagree with the action that was taken rather than the way it was documented, then it's not a case where the records are wrong.  In these cases, you have to file a grievance or appeal within the required time limits.  If the records don't document what actually happened, then the records are wrong.  If you're still employed, you should contact your Human Resources Office.  If you're no longer employed, write to:

Deputy Associate Director
Office of the Chief Information Officer
Office of Personnel Management
1900 E Street, NW
Washington, DC 20415-6000

Include enough information to:

*   Identify the record (your name and social security number, the name and date of the record).
*   Explain why you think it's wrong, including any evidence supporting your position.
*   Show how you would correct the record.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.