Click here to skip navigation
Skip Navigation

In This Section

Life Events Job

I'm in receipt of workers' compensation (OWCP)



If you are a Federal employee and you were enrolled in a health plan under the FEHB Program at the time of the injury, your enrollment will continue while you are receiving compensation. If you were not enrolled in the FEHB Program, you may enroll after the date of your injury only if you return to work first. You may not enroll in the FEHB Program while you are in receipt of compensation unless you were covered as a family member under your spouse's plan in the FEHB Program at the time of injury.

You can find more information in the FEHB Handbook.

Dental or Vision

If you are currently enrolled in FEDVIP, your coverage will automatically continue into your compensation status. If you are not already enrolled in FEDVIP, you will be eligible to enroll during the annual Federal Benefits Open Season.


You continue to make premium payments for the first 12 months from your compensation. After 12 months, your agency (or OPM) will determine whether you are eligible to continue coverage. See BAL 01-216. If you are eligible to continue FEGLI coverage as a compensationer, your agency or retirement system will notify OWCP of the new premium withholdings.

Flexible Spending Accounts

Call FSAFEDS at 1-877-FSAFEDS (372-3337), TTY: 1-800-952-0450 for additional information.

Long Term Care

This will not affect your FLTCIP coverage. Your coverage will remain in effect as long as you continue to pay premiums. But if you pay your premiums through payroll deduction, you will need to contact Long Term Care Partners at 1-800-LTCFEDS (1-800-582-3337) to make other billing arrangements. You may also complete the Billing Change Form which can be found at the FLTCIP website.

Control Panel