Click here to skip navigation
Skip Navigation

In This Section

Life Events Job

I'm on leave without pay


Dental or Vision

You must contact BENEFEDS at 1-877-888-3337, to make arrangements to pay your premiums directly, on a post-tax basis.

Your coverage will end when you begin a period of non-pay status if you are not making direct premium payments to BENEFEDS.


Your Basic Insurance stops at the end of the day on which you complete 12 months of nonpay status, subject to a free 31-day extension of coverage and conversion privilege to a nongroup policy. Your employing office must complete an Agency Certification of Insurance Status (SF 2821) and a Notice of Conversion Privilege (SF 2819), the same as for any other termination action. Please refer to the FEGLI handbook for more information.

Flexible Spending Accounts

Call FSAFEDS at 1-877-FSAFEDS (372-3337), TTY: 1-800-952-0450 for additional information.

Long Term Care

This will not affect your FLTCIP coverage. Your coverage will remain in effect as long as you continue to pay premiums. If you pay your premiums through payroll deduction, you will need to contact Long Term Care Partners at 1-800-LTCFEDS (1-800-582-3337) to make other billing arrangements. You may also complete the Billing Change Form which can be found at

Control Panel