Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Classification

If my position or job is upgraded as a result of a position classification or job grading appeal decision, am I entitled to back pay?

You can only receive back pay if your position or job was erroneously downgraded by your agency, you suffered an actual loss of pay, and the downgrading is reversed on appeal.  Additionally, to be eligible for back pay, you must file the appeal request within 15 calendar days after the effective date of the reclassification action. 

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.