Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

If I elect paperless reimbursement “Shared Account” processing with my Federal employee spouse (who also has a FSAFEDS account), can we both have Carry Over accounts at the end of the year?

If you elect “Shared Account” processing with your spouse when you enroll. If you and your spouse each participate in FSAFEDS and YOU are NOT the FEHB and/or FEDVIP enrollee, you can have your spouse’s eligible FSAFEDS PR claims processed against YOUR FSAFEDS account when the balance in your spouse's FSAFEDS account reaches zero. Remember, since all claims will be processed until your spouse’s account is depleted, your spouse may not have a carryover account created. This means once your spouse's account balance is depleted, all claims will be processed against your FSAFEDS account, through December 31 of the Benefit Period. Beginning January 1 of the following Benefit Period your claims will revert to being processed against your spouse’s account.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.