Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

As a civil service CSRS employee, I am going to retire the first of 2013 from the Dept. of the Army. I have already sent my retirement packet in, but my question has to do with a physical problem that struck me this year. I lost over half of the hearing in one ear due to a viral infection that hit me while at work. I lost numerous days due to doctor appointments and audiology tests. Would that entitle me to any sort of disability or any other type of benefit?

Under Civil Service Retirement a disability retirment is based on an employee being unable to perform thier job or to be accomodated based on their medical condition. You should contact your human resource office to discuss the requirements for applying for disability retirment.

We are unaware of any other benefits for which you may be eligible based on your hearing loss.

Can’t find what you’re looking for? Submit a question

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.