Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

I am enrolled in FEHB as a survivor annuitant. If I remarry, can I change to  a Self Plus One enrollment or a Self and Family enrollment to cover my new spouse?

No. If you remarry, your new spouse and his/her children cannot receive health benefits coverage under your survivor annuitant enrollment. If, however, you are a widow(er) survivor annuitant who is also receiving an annuity based on your own Federal career or who is a current Federal employee, you may be eligible to transfer your enrollment to your retirement annuity or your employing agency in order to provide coverage for your new spouse and his or her children.

Can’t find what you’re looking for? Submit a question

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.