Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

What happens after my personnel office processes my application?

After your personnel agency takes action, your agency payroll office:

  • Authorizes your final pay check and lump sum payment for unused annual leave;

  • Prepares your "Individual Retirement Record," Standard Form 2806 (CSRS) or 3100 (FERS) which reflects service, salary history, and annual retirement contributions; and

  • Forwards all retirement documents to OPM.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.