Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government.

Frequently Asked Questions Retirement

I am retired and recently married. How do I enroll my spouse in my health insurance?

To change to a family health benefits enrollment, call OPM anytime from 31 days before your marriage to 60 days afterward. Otherwise, you will have to wait until the next health benefits open season to make the change. If you already have a family plan, contact the health benefits carrier to include your spouse in the coverage.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.