Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Classification

I am, or used to be, a United States Postal Service (USPS) employee. Where can I find my series and grade?

Information regarding your pay schedule, series, and grade can be found on your PS Form 50, Notification of Personnel Action. Please refer to box 51 for the series or "Occupation Code", which is defined by the first four digits of the code. Box 60 designates your Rate Schedule Code (similar to a pay schedule), and box 61 indicates your grade.

If you do not have a copy of your last PS-50, and are currently employed by USPS, your PS Form 50 may be obtained in hard copy format through your servicing personnel office, or in electronic format from the Postal Service's electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF) system. If you are no longer employed by USPS, you can obtain a copy of your PS Form 50 from the National Personnel Records Center of the National Archives and Records Administration. Civilian personnel records are normally transferred to the National Personnel Records Center within 120 days after an employee's separation from Federal employment. To obtain copies of your PS-50s, send written authorization to:

National Personnel Records, Annex
1411 Boulder Boulevard
Valmeyer, IL 62295

NOTE: The USPS uses the same series as the rest of the Federal Government, except for occupations which are unique to the Postal Service. These unique occupations are in the 2300 series. The USPS uses its own Rate Schedule Codes (RSC), in place of the General Schedule (GS) and Federal Wage System (FWS) used by much of the Federal Government.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.