Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Personnel Documentation

I'm taking discontinued service retirement but my Standard Form 50 doesn't show retirement as the personnel action. Is my Form 50 wrong?

No. There isn't any official Discontinued Service Retirement action.  These actions are processed as separations.  The circumstances of the separation are what make you eligible for Discontinued Service Retirement.  For more information on Discontinued Service Retirement, refer to Chapter 44 of the CSRS and FERS Handbook PDF File [118KB].

Can’t find what you’re looking for? Submit a question

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.