Click here to skip navigation
An official website of the United States Government -

Frequently Asked Questions Insurance

If I am a designated congressional staff person with DC Health Link coverage, do I continue that coverage if I transfer to another federal agency (e.g. DoD, DHS, etc.) or am I able to select from the same plans offered by OPM to other federal employees?

Upon separation from the Senate or House of Representatives, your DC Health Link coverage will terminate at the end of the month.  If your new position is FEHB-eligible, you will be able to select coverage from the same plans offered by OPM to other federal employees.  You do not need to wait until Open Enrollment to enroll in an FEHB plan because your move to a new federal agency constitutes a Qualifying Life Event.

Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.