Skip to page navigation
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites. / Insurance / Guide Me
Skip to main content

Guide Me

Federal Employees


Choose a program to begin:


As a Federal employee, you may be able to enroll in health, dental, vision and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and apply for long term care insurance. You can find information about each program by clicking on one of the links below. Each section includes common questions to help guide you to the information you need. Learn More


Eligible employees and annuitants can choose among 7 nationwide and 5 regional dental plans. Nationwide plans also offer international coverage. Learn More


Eligible employees and annuitants can choose among 5 nationwide vision plans. Nationwide plans also offer international coverage. Learn More


We offer the largest group life insurance program in the world, covering employees, retirees and family members. Learn More

Flexible Spending Accounts

Eligible employees can choose to enroll in up to three different flexible spending accounts during Open Season. Learn More

Long Term Care

Most Federal and U.S. Postal Service employees and annuitants, active and retired members of the uniformed services, and their qualified relatives are eligible to apply for insurance coverage under the FLTCIP. Learn More

Flexible Spending Accounts

Am I eligible?

Most likely – yes!
Employees of Executive Branch agencies and other participating agencies who are eligible for the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program (whether enrolled in FEHB or not) may enroll in a Health Care Flexible Spending Account (HCFSA) in the Federal Flexible Spending Account Program (FSAFEDS). 

Except for intermittent employees who are expected to work fewer than six months, all employees of Federal agencies participating in FSAFEDS may enroll in a Dependent Care FSA (DCFSA), even if they are not eligible for FEHB.

Please note that some agencies have their own flexible spending account programs and their employees are not eligible for FSAFEDS. 


Related Questions

Control Panel