Skip to page navigation
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites. / Insurance / Guide Me
Skip to main content

Guide Me

Federal Employees


Choose a program to begin:


As a Federal employee, you may be able to enroll in health, dental, vision and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and apply for long term care insurance. You can find information about each program by clicking on one of the links below. Each section includes common questions to help guide you to the information you need. Learn More


Eligible employees and annuitants can choose among 7 nationwide and 5 regional dental plans. Nationwide plans also offer international coverage. Learn More


Eligible employees and annuitants can choose among 5 nationwide vision plans. Nationwide plans also offer international coverage. Learn More


We offer the largest group life insurance program in the world, covering employees, retirees and family members. Learn More

Flexible Spending Accounts

Eligible employees can choose to enroll in up to three different flexible spending accounts during Open Season. Learn More

Long Term Care

Most Federal and U.S. Postal Service employees and annuitants, active and retired members of the uniformed services, and their qualified relatives are eligible to apply for insurance coverage under the FLTCIP. Learn More


How do I report a death?

Please contact your agency's Human Resource Office (HRO). If you do not know where your HRO is located, please ask your supervisor. 

The death of your husband/wife or child may affect your insurance enrollment and/or designation(s) of beneficiary. Contact your HRO for additional information on how to make any necessary changes to your benefits or designations. You also need to notify your health plan of the death of any family member as your HRO does not notify your health plan.

Note: If you are not enrolled in the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program for Self Plus One or Self and Family coverage at the time of your death, your family members will NOT be eligible to enroll in the FEHB Program under any survivor benefits (annuity) that they may be entitled to receive after your death. If you were enrolled in Self Plus One at the time of your death, only your designated eligible family member will be eligible to enroll in the FEHB Program (if otherwise eligible). Any additional eligible family members, who are not the designated covered family member under your Self Plus One enrollment will not be eligible.

You can find more information in the FEHB Handbook.

Related Questions

Control Panel