Skip to page navigation
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites. / Insurance / Guide Me
Skip to main content

Guide Me

Federal Employees


Choose a program to begin:


As a Federal employee, you may be able to enroll in health, dental, vision and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and apply for long term care insurance. You can find information about each program by clicking on one of the links below. Each section includes common questions to help guide you to the information you need. Learn More


Eligible employees and annuitants can choose among 7 nationwide and 5 regional dental plans. Nationwide plans also offer international coverage. Learn More


Eligible employees and annuitants can choose among 5 nationwide vision plans. Nationwide plans also offer international coverage. Learn More


We offer the largest group life insurance program in the world, covering employees, retirees and family members. Learn More

Flexible Spending Accounts

Eligible employees can choose to enroll in up to three different flexible spending accounts during Open Season. Learn More

Long Term Care

Most Federal and U.S. Postal Service employees and annuitants, active and retired members of the uniformed services, and their qualified relatives are eligible to apply for insurance coverage under the FLTCIP. Learn More


When and how can I make changes to my coverage?

During the annual Federal Benefits Open Season (mid-November through mid-December) you may change plans, options, or type of enrollment (Self Only, Self Plus One or Self and Family). You also may make a change upon experiencing an FEHB-specific Qualifying Life Event (QLE). The QLE determines what type of enrollment change is permitted. The enrollment change must be consistent with the QLE.

You may be able to make the enrollment change using the Health Benefits Election Form (SF 2809), a screen-fillable version is available, or through an agency self-service system such as Employee Express, MyPay, Employee Personal Page, or Employee Benefits Information System (EBIS). Contact your human resources office for details. If you don’t know where to find your Human Resources Office, see your supervisor.

An Open Season enrollment change is effective the first day of the first full pay period that begins in January of the following year. An enrollment change based on a QLE is generally effective the first day of the first pay period that begins after your enrollment request is received.

You can find additional information in the FEHB Handbook.

Related Questions

Control Panel