Click here to skip navigation
Skip Navigation

In This Section

Veterans Services Veterans Services FAQs

Veteran's Employment Documentation

  • If you are a current Federal employee, please contact the HR office within your agency for access to your records. If you are a former Federal employee, you may get a copy of your most recent SF-50, or a copy of your complete Official Personnel Folder, by requesting it from the National Archives and Records Administration National Personnel Records Center (civilian)  411 Boulder Blvd, Valmeyer, IL 62295. Federal law [5 USC 552a(b)] requires that all requests for records and information be submitted in writing. Each request must be hand signed (in cursive) and dated (within the last year). Please identify the documents or information needed and explain the purpose of your request. Certain basic information is needed to locate civilian personnel records and to respond to your request, including: 1. Full name. 2. Date of birth. 3. Social security number. 4. Last employing agency (including duty station) and approximate date(s) of the employment (for former Federal employees). 5. Signature The National Personnel Records Center provides this fax # for requests:  618-935-3014 or go to
    How well did this answer your question? Submit
    Submitting rating...
    Thank you for your feedback!
    An error occurred while trying to submit your feedback.
    Please try again later.

Total Count: 1, Number of Pages: 0, Page: 1
<Macro: (,)>
Control Panel