Skip to page navigation
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites. / Policy / Pay & Leave / Salaries & Wages
Skip to main content

Executive Order for 2019 Pay Schedules

Executive Order for 2019 Pay Schedules

The President issued two Executive orders (EOs) implementing January 2019 pay adjustments. The first EO was issued on December 28, 2018, provided no increase for the statutory pay systems, and held locality pay percentages at 2018 levels. The second EO was issued on March 28, 2019, and provided a January 2019 pay adjustment required by the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2019 (Public Law 116-6). Consistent with the Act, the Executive order authorized a 1.4 percent across-the-board increase for statutory pay systems and locality pay increases costing approximately 0.5 percent of basic payroll, reflecting an overall average pay increase of 1.9 percent for 2019.

Links to the two pay adjustment EOs are provided below.

Control Panel